Monday, February 23, 2015

Cripple for a Week

So over the past week I've been crippled by a knee injury which clearly made me incapable of posting anything to my blog. In that week I discovered many things about the life of being a cripple so I decided to make a list:


  1. You can hurt yourself by sneezing.
  2. The elevators at Broward College are sketchy. I thought I was going to get stuck every time I went upstairs.
  3. When you limp while walking with friends, your friends feel like they should be limping to keep pace.
  4. Student Life has Netflix. (how I spent my time between classes while my knee healed)
  5. Friends is pretty much How I Met Your Mother but with different actors.
  6. Wheelchairs do not make you look helpless, but are actually awesome. I saw a guy in a wheelchair wiz straight past everyone on campus and immediately though "I need one of those!!!"
  7. Baseball pitchers commonly dislocate knee caps by bending their legs in the manner that I did when I sneezed to injure mine.
  8. I've officially had this injury enough times to fix it without a trip to the ER.
  9. If this happens again I'll have to see a doctor and probably get knee surgery to correct the recurring problem. 
  10. I don't want to have to get surgery.
  11. I really don't want to have to get surgery.
  12. Running does absolutely nothing for muscles around the knees. That's probably why it still dislocated in spite of my efforts to stay in shape.
  13. I should bike more.
  14. Biking is fun too.
  15. It is now an inside joke in my household to respond to a sneeze with "Is your knee okay?" instead of "God bless you!'
  16. Cold weather is actually an important factor in knee mobility.
  17. It never gets old responding to people asking what happened with "I sneezed..."
  18. Even though I hate being crippled and can't wait to going running again, I'm going to miss limping up to friends simply saying "I sneezed," over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment