Monday, February 9, 2015

The Life of The 'Los Day #2

     I jolt out of bed when my 3 alarm clocks go off at different times around 5:00 am. I decide that I can afford an extra hour and a half of sleep so I set an alarm on my phone for 6:30 and go back to sleep until my sister finishes getting ready for school so that she doesn't shout at me. I then quickly get ready for school and leave the house at 7:30. I have to leave an hour earlier than I should because I don't have my own car and my mom has to go to work at the time that I'd normally leave for a 9:30 class.
     Upon my arrival at school I decide to kill time by studying for my upcoming test in the honors lounge. I walk up to the door, all of the lights are off in the room, I must be the first one here. As I pull the door open I think I see something shift in the corner of my eye. I quickly flick on the lights and turn around, it was my friend, Christian (aka Soler since I know too many people named Chris right now). At first I wonder why he is at school so early, then I remember that Matt, his usual ride to school, is at Disney and will not make it to school today. Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Matt is my English buddy, at least there is still Kevin. Christian and I decide not to study and instead we watch a comedy show for about an hour and headed to class.
    I walk into my English classroom and take a different seat from the one I usually take, this confuses my professor when she calls attendance. I talk to Kevin for a bit about homework for English and World Religions before class starts. We have to write a plot summary and setting in half-a-page each for the story "Cat in the Rain" by Ernest Hemingway. Like in all of his stories, Hemingway completely avoids addressing the actual point of the story, but I think I'm able to figure it out using my natural acumen.
   After my class lets out, I decide to make my usual round of the campus to look for friends when Christian calls my name from behind a stairwell. We start walking to the library until Christian runs into a friend from his biology class. She informs him that they have a test and Christian decides to go study for it with her while leaving me on my own to find rescue from my boredom. I go to the cafe and find my friends Emily and Lea who I sit with up until our 12:30 classes start. Around 12:00 Christian finally calls me to ask where I am and he joins us until class starts as well.
     My class is Pre-Calculus (aka I learned all of this years ago what am I doing here?) which I have with one of my old friends I met through boy scouts, Glen. Glen is probably the only other student in the class who finds it as boring as I do. Yes, college pre-calc is boring, literally all I did during the lesson was draw a crab on my notebook and occasionally look up to see if I still already know the information, I do. At the end of class our professor hands back our tests from last week. Glen gets a 99% and I get a 100%, Glen mutters "I hate you," this comment puts an end to the antebellum of the previously impending math war. We received quiz grades as well, I had a 10/10 and an 8/10 while Glen had 2 10/10s this put us at a tie in number of higher grades.
     I get home and immediately post a Facebook status about most of the previous paragraph to which Glen comments "I still hate you." I then eat a snack and go for a 4 mile run around my neighborhood. The rest of my day is pretty unproductive until after dinner when I start studying for my geography test. Before I actually begin I look at the English papers I got back today and see that they are all As, but they have some errors marked on them that somehow make me feel bad that I didn't do better.... There are no percentages so they are perfect scores, and I'm disappointed... #nerd I do the math and realize that if I get  a D or higher in geography, as long as I still have As in all of my other classes I can still maintain the 3.5 GPA that I require for honors scholarships, this makes me feel a little bit better about the test. I take a break to get my World Religions work done before I finish studying, read the Bible to get ready for my Bible study tomorrow, and update my blog. This time I used 2 vocabulary words from my words list, acumen and antebellum. I'm so proud of myself. I look at the time and realize that I've been typing this post for over an hour and I need a good night's rest for my test. I decide to go to sleep, goodnight world, or good morning, depends on when you're reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment